On this page
Why do a secondment
Our secondment programme has been running successfully for over 10 years, bringing essential commercial skills and an up-to-date view of market thinking to our organisation.
How a secondment can help you
A secondment at The Pensions Regulator (TPR) will provide you with an opportunity to:
- work in a constantly changing environment and gain new skills
- create a network of lasting relationships
- add an extra dimension to your CV
- gain a wider outlook, eg different industry sectors, different size companies
- apply your skills, knowledge and experience in a different setting
- shape how we do things
- understand what we do and our impact on companies and markets
How a secondment can help your employer
Your secondment at TPR could help your current employer with:
- flexible resourcing of skilled and experienced people
- facilitating the creation of multi-skilled teams to manage relationships with key stakeholders
- reinforcing collaborative working practices
- understanding the broader challenges for us in commercial markets
- opening up communication channels and links with the wider community
What secondees say about TPR
You can read first hand accounts of the experience from people who have worked with us recently in our testimonials document.
There are no hard and fast rules about how long a secondment at The Pensions Regulator (TPR) lasts. Secondments are usually for six to twelve months, but can be for three to twenty four months.
Types of secondment
Traditionally, we've enjoyed hosting lawyers, actuaries, business consultants and financial analysts as secondees. But now, we're keen to attract a wider range of people for secondment opportunities across all areas of our business.
Depending on the type of secondment, the funding for your secondment may be either:
- fully reimbursed by TPR
- partially reimbursed by TPR with the balance being funded by the parent organisation
- fully funded by the parent organisation
We will fund reasonable travel and expenses payments while you're carrying out business for TPR.
How we support secondees
As an employer, we're flexible and willing to listen to your ideas about your secondment. We're more than happy to create a customised package to suit an individual secondment. You could be placed in one position for the duration of your secondment, or a number of positions around the organisation, to give you different perspectives of pensions regulation. In terms of support we will:
- provide induction and technical training as necessary for you to undertake your role
- provide ongoing guidance, support and appropriate development training
- regularly review your performance and progress against objectives
- liaise with your parent organisation as necessary to keep in touch and ensure the secondment agreement is honoured
- contact your parent organisation if any problems arise with the secondment arrangements
Flexible working arrangements
We offer a modern working environment with a focus on high performance and the delivery of worthwhile results. We're happy to consider any of the following working structures:
- short or long-term
- part-time or flexible working
- job sharing
- job swaps
Terms and conditions
Individuals on secondments with TPR retain their parent organisation’s terms and conditions. However, we do ask that all secondees sign a confidentiality, compliance and conflict statement, and a code of conduct.
As we're keen attract high calibre secondees we may ask you to undertake an interview and a short assessment test.
Apply for a secondment
Depending on what you’re looking for, we can create a secondment package that works for all parties involved.
If you're interested in undertaking a secondment with us please feel free to contact us so we discuss your skills and suitable opportunities. Depending on what you're looking for, we can create a secondment package that works for all parties involved.
If you'd like to talk to us about secondments – either as an organisation looking for opportunities to work in partnership with us or as an individual looking for a secondment opportunity – please contact us at email@example.com.